Picard Season 1: Disappointed
Very disappointed with Picard Season 1. I reckon there are at least the following problems (SPOILERS AHEAD!).
- Why did the Federation turn up at the end to save the synths, given they’d banned synths? Why did they change their mind?
- Given the synths were about to destroy all organics, why did the Federation help them? Would have made more sense to join forces with the Romulans, or at least just let the Romulans get on with it?
- Why, given time was a critical issue, did they take the detour to pick up the ninja, although the housekeepers in France were more than capable of taking out highly-trained enemy?
- Why are the characters staying together now? They don’t really have anything that binds them. Didn’t the characters have anything to do before the series began, a life they could go back to?
- Why did they make Picard die only to resurrect him as an android?
- Why was everyone so upset that Picard had died? I mean most of them hardly knew him.
- Why was there a stupid magic device that could make things appear e.g. multiple ships? Wouldn’t that be quite useful to solve all problems? Why do they need any other way to solve problems?
- What was the point of the scene where Raffi went to see her son and her son didn’t want to see her any more?
- Why does the ninja bloke have a sword? Given everyone else has phasers etc. If swords were good, modern war would happen with swords, which it doesn’t.
- Hasn’t the whole concept of synth vs organic been done a few times before e.g. Terminator and Matrix etc.?
- It’s a shame the Borg cube wasn’t used more.
- What was the whole thing about them rescuing Borg and turning them back into people? Then killing them all? Was it just elaborate justification so Seven could kill the Romulan spy woman at the end?
- Why was Riker cooking pizza one moment and then commanding a massive fleet of ships the next minute? Did Star Fleet not have anyone else who could do that so they had to call up Riker and interrupt his pizza making?
- Why did the Federation listen to Picard now whereas they didn’t in the first few episodes?
- Why did Picard believe the Federation was going to help, when he gave the TV interview in the first episode blaming them for making the wrong decision and not helping Romulans in the past?
- Riker didn’t really speak like a commander doing some formal negotiation with an enemy, potentially on the brink of a huge war, like “give me an excuse to whip your ass” etc.
- All the Ninjas were female. It was mentioned explicitly a few times. Yet our ninja wasn’t?
- Why do the Ninjas have a “code” of only support endeavors that have no chance of succeeding? Isn’t that a bit mad?
- Why was the visualization of the creatures so lazy? Red snake things. Not innovative like e.g. a borg cube.
- Why did the Borg leave and abandon that cube? Because they assimilated one person and that person believed something too strongly? I mean that doesn’t seem compatible with the Borg, they must have encountered a lot of races, some of the members of those races will have believed stuff quite strongly.
- The synth girl (both sisters) were on some kind of “mission”. They were congratulated on fulfilling her mission when she returned. But what was her mission? How could she find information and return when she didn’t even know where to return to? Was her mission to bring a huge number of Romulans to destroy them all.. presumably that was not her mission?
- Why are synths (apart from Data, Lore, b4 etc.) always made in pairs?
- Synths are always made in pairs but there were at least 3x girls (1) on Earth, episode 1, (2) on the Borg cube (3) the gold-coloured one
- What was all that stuff about the synth girls “activating” then acquiring martial arts skills and strength etc.? If the synths were on a mission, wouldn’t it have been better to have them know they were synths, but do perfect acting pretending they weren’t? I’m sure Data could have managed that. Well, Lore anyway.
- How did the Romulan spy know the synth girl was the “destroyer of worlds”? Or even a synth at all?
- Why is Seven suddenly lesbian?
I welcome answers, and futher questions, in the comments.